Thursday, November 22, 2018

John Chau's Last Journal Entry: November 16th


God, I don’t want to die. WHO WILL TAKE MY PLACE IF I DO? OH God I miss my parents my Mom and my Dad and Brian and Mart and Norah and Jeremy and Jade(?) and Jenifer and Seth and Bobby (even though he was just here!) and Christian and someone I can talk to and be understood. None of the guys on the boat know much English and I don’t know much Hidi(?) or Ti(?) to ask their opinions and to tell stuff like this to.
I’ve never felt this much grief or sorrow before, WHY! Why did a little kid have to shoot me today? His high pitched voice still lingers in my head. Father, forgive him and any of the people on this Island who try to kill me, and especially forgive them if they succeed? What makes them become this defensive and hostile? Legends passed down through the millennia of their escape from a slave ship? Why does this beautiful place have to have so much death here? Last night, I had what I’d call a vision as I’ve never had one before – my eyes were shut but I wasn’t asleep and I saw a purple hue over the Island-like city as a meteorite or star fell to it and it was a frightening city with jagged spikes and I felt distressed(or disturbed?). Then a different light, a whitish light filled it and all the frightening bits melted away. LORD is this Island Satan’s last stronghold where none have heard or even has a chance to hear your Name?

Lord strengthen me as I need your strength and protection and guidance and all that you give and are. Whoever comes after me to take my place, whether it’s after tomorrow or another time, please give them a double anointing and bless them mightily.

The plan for tomorrow is to drop me at the cache and then the boat will leave for the day, returning at night – I’m at peace with that plan because A) Pieter V. from South Africa had said the reason the Jarawa didn’t kill him was that he got dropped with no boat nearby and B) if it goes badly on foot, the fishermen won’t have to bear witness to my death.
Alternate…is to either wait another time – and go back to Port Blair without any documents or stay in the safehouse again and put all at risk (why are we so afraid of death?) or get deported. If I leave, I believe I’ll have failed the mission.

Now that I remember it, after I got shot by that arrow and it was in my Bible, I gave it BACK! Man, I should have snapped it.

Perfect Love casts out fear. LORD Jesus, fill me with your perfect love for these people!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

11/16/18
0620

Woke up after a fairly restful sleep, heading to Island now. I hope this isn’t my last notes, but if it is, to God be the glory.
One thought occurred to me last night: only young adults were seen, and kids, but no elderly—are they separated and must stay on the shore? Are the elderly in the jungle?
I’m heading back to the hut  I’ve been to. Praying it goes well.

-John Chau

No comments:

Post a Comment